Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fred Claus

OK, why does everyone dislike "Fred Claus"? I'm not ashamed to admit it... I thought it was funny.
So...
maybe it was the two glasses of Gewurztraminer(white wine) but ,
it was entertaining.
Ahh, the beginning of a new school week. No sweat, no panic. Only 9 more days til school gets out(14 days til my birthday, if you are wondering ;> the big 4-1!)Yikes!
Kristi, I guess our birthdays are close. I knew I liked you for a good reason :)
You hang in there, sister. You are so loved and cradled. God's got ya!


Charlie had a band recital last week. He did great. He plays the clarinet but really likes the saxophone.
Jimmy is becoming quite talented at drawing Anime characters of his own design.
Sarah and I just made some Christmas cookies for the teachers at school for Moms In Touch and made a video that I am working on to put on YouTube. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will have it done, but I will post it here.
Rick has been very busy with his company as usual. He owns an engineering firm in town. A bit stressful to say the least, given the current economy, but God is faithful, as always and provides for us and his employees.
Umm, oh, my Mother made us a wonderful dinner this weekend. It was nice to be with her. She is doing very well, although I am sure it will be difficult for her, as it will be the first Christmas without my Dad. I miss him very much. It was strange to not have him at Jimmy's birthday , Thanksgiving and Charlie's recital.
She had her house all decorated though. She is a super tough gal, my Mom

I am truly excited about Christmas approaching. It's going to be interesting to reflect on my trip to Israel. What a gift Rick and I have received to be able to go somewhere that seemed like a far away, ancient place.
It is real. The places that Christ walked, are real. He was there, as a baby and a man. There is proof.
What a gift and a blessing. It will be a very special Christmas.
Not much else to say tonight. My kitchen is a mess from the cookie making, but I love it.
Got to clean up.
Let me know what your plans are for Christmas.
I am asking Santa for a puppy named Macaroni.
I am not sure if anyone clicks on the link to Calvary Chapel up in the right hand corner of this page, but Pastor Mark had a wonderful teaching this morning. It might be worth your while to check it out.
Love ya
PSS Don't forget that today is and was Pearl Harbor day. Say a prayer for the survivors and the families of those that lost their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment