Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Shack?

Hey, I have a question.
I just recieved a copy of a book called "The Shack" by William Young. i have not heard anything about it, except in passing. I am starved for a good book, and I read about half of it today, then had to put it down. Yikes!
It's a story about a man whose daughter was abducted and how he has questioned his relationship with God. He has this encounter with the Trinity and it's a bit freaky, to say the least. I've put it down. I don't think I'll read any more of it. It kind of goes against a lot of theology. I'm not trying to be close minded, but it's a bit weird. If you have heard of this book , let me know what you think. I don't recommend reading it, but I wouldn't mind discussing. Apparently it is the "it" book.
Hmmm... I don't like it. I don't want to be a spoiler but
*SPOILER ALERT*
God is a depicted as a woman.
Ummm, anyway.No thanks.
Just checking in.
Like I say, please let me know what you know or have heard about this book.
Joann
PS Don't forget to check the bottom of this page and check out the Shiba Inu Live Web Cam. Those little pups are so cute.

2 comments:

  1. hey joann. i have read, several times, "the shack" and i really like it. i'm not sure how far you got, once you read that God is portrayed as a woman, but i found lots that made me think about my relationship with God and with others. keep in mind, it's a work of fiction, intended to show us God's mercy when we separate ourselves from God and the joys of coming back to Him. it's about living within that relationship with God and letting it spill over onto others. i have lots of passages marked and could go on about it, but i won't. i'm not trying to change your mind about the book, just giving you a little bit of my perspective. i'll see you around school. love, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked with my friend that let me borrow it and I think I will give it another chance. thanks for your input. Talk to you later.
    Joann

    ReplyDelete