Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Good Message

Lauren , Sarah's best bud










Sarah Jane














Charlie putting up lights









Sarah and Lauren








Little Poot



















Here's a little note I got this morning. I have been thnking about the way I approach God and sometimes it may be too casually. I have to admit that it did not seem like a big deal to me to say "Oh my God" or other things. Now I realize that when I call His name, He is present with me, and I need to remember that He is holy and almighty and to not do it frivolously . Does that make sense? Maybe not right now, but think about it, even in my prayer time or discussions with others, do I refer to Him with the respect He deserves? I have been thinking a lot about this.
I want to always remember that He is who he says He is and what He has done for me. His name is Jesus . He is always faithful, even though we might not realize it at the time. Do we always give our kids what they want immediatly, when we know sometimes it would be best for them if they waited or maybe not give them that thing at all, because we know better or can see a larger picture?
I guess I am just thinking and babbling, but maybe consider who He is before you say His name. Here's the devotioanl from Love Worth Finding click here to dig deeper into the study.
December 9
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy.” Isaiah 57:15
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain” (Exodus 20:7). We all know that profanity is one way that you can take God’s name in vain, but I’ll tell you another way, and that’s in frivolous talk. That is, just taking the name of God carelessly or lightly. Ephesians 5:4 mentions “foolish jesting.” What does that mean? God’s name is holy. We are never ever to use His name unless we are serious. Now if you use humor to illustrate something, that’s fine, but it’s repugnant to use the Holy name of God frivolously
.

1 comment: