Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lovely Saturday


My Mom and Dad at the little red camp


Our whole family, this July


My Mom and Dad with Scott, Sam, Ann and Dawne at Dawne's camp for dinner


The typical good-bye from my folks on their back porch


pretty flowers growing on the fence post.


My fantastic picture of a bunch of blueberries I picked around my Mom's camp last week


Well, I guess we get a do-over as far as school starting this week. The kids only went in on Monday, then had the rest of the week off. Actually, it's been kinda cozyand quiet hanging around at home after having a bit of a busy and emotional previous week. Still raining out today, but we went to the movies and then later a walk on the beach. I miss my family up north but I love my kids and husband so much. i don't want to leave them. I've got to get my house in order. It's a wreck. Rick did a ton of laundry and reorganized the boys' room, but everything else seems a bit grubby. I'm tyring to get pumped up for a week long cleaning spree but first I need to take my van in. I think I may have done something to the transmission by driving through some deep water last week during FAY.



Boy, I really like to hear from some people who read my blog. I feel kinda lonely. Here's some more picts from Maine. Love ya

8 comments:

  1. school stars here day after labor day. the kids are nervous and excited and i am looking forward to it. i work in the district so i return to work but it will be fun to see the kid again.

    Those blueberries look yummy!!!! What a neat family too!!!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog everyday. Keep on writing Joann...I hope after we get our first week of school under our belts and our houses cleaned up we can have some PLAY time. Wouldn't that be fun? If you need a ride to drop off the van let me know.
    Love ya...
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joann,
    We will be gone this week but when I get back let's plan on coffee. :-) Update on Catie, her surgery is scheduled for Wed at 10am. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joann,
    We are here . . .just quiet. So sad about your dad. He was such a nice fellow. I love the phots of the early years. Your dad and mom were so hip!

    We are heading out the the beach. We just got back from the mall--Peter got new sneakers and a back pack for school. He starts next week. ):
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your pictures - it makes me feel like a part of your family. It also helps to put faces with my prayers which you are often in. I hope that as the storm outside starts to fade away that your emotional storm will fade as well with small bursts of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joann,
    Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you--my dear old friend.

    Sending lots of love and prays down you way and up to your mom.
    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. you rock!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pix of ur ma & dad "upta camp"

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete