Thursday, August 28, 2008

Been awake since 3:30am




Maybe it was that nap I took yesterday but I have been awake for a while and Sarah's guinea pigs aren't helping matters much. Gee whiz. I also have a big toenail that is bugging me too. (TMI?) oh well.
So I finally decided to give in (2hrs later) and have a cup of tea, so here I am.
I start back on Navelbine today and I'm not that worried about it because I tolerate it pretty well, but it is a bit of a bummer. Navelbine is the more traditional chemo I was on before I started radiation. I am trying to have a better attitude about it. I started complaining about my port the other day to Rick and how it sticks out kinda funny, now that I have lost a bit of weight and I sounded so shallow and unthankful. He reminded, nicely, how bad things could have been.
I also started to fuss yesterday with Betty but she put it in perspective for me also, that once I finish this round of chemo I get to o on my trip to Israel.
Hang on, got to go put milk in my tea...
Ah, a lovely cup of Earl Grey. It's not Chai Tea Latte but I am trying to hold off on the caffeine since I am going out to breakfast with my sister in law this morning.
Where was I???
Oh yeah, trip to Israel, right.
Well, I am going to be a little more positive about the chemo and I have a feeling it will go pretty smoothly. I see my Dr. today so i think I will get a good idea of the game plan.
Enough about me. Betty got a new yellow lab, named Molly, and she is a cutie pie. She walked her over last night. I should have got a picture of her. Her family has a dog, Lucky, so this is number two.
My kids all seem to be enjoying school. Both boys are on Robotics leagues, so that should keep us all busy. Jimmy is adjusting to High School and Charlie has found a couple of friends at Middle School, and little Miss Sarah is loving her new third grade teacher and she has got a class full of friends so things are pretty peachy.
Rick and I have been taking walks on the beach just about every night and two night ago we came a cross the coolest looking crab ever! He was so tough looking. He was staring Rick down. We got a great picture of him but Rick has not forwarded it to me yet. as soon as he does I will put it here *******
I was messing with him a bit and he charged at me with his freaky little antennae eyes and big pinchy claw and I let out a very loud, embarrassing scream. I thought he was going to pinch my toe! Lil' stinker.

I still can't stop thinking about my Dad, not that I want to, but I am trying to remember better times with him, when he was not so ill. If any of my friends or family want to remind me, please feel free to in the comments section. I think I was on auto-pilot most of the week that he passed and it's kind of catching up with me. Oh well. Thank you for your cards, friends, and all of your nice thoughts here on my blog. They are encouraging.
My Mom sounds pretty good. My brothers and sisters and her friends are keeping a good eye on her. Please keep her in your prayers. She's a terrific Mom and I love her so much.

Here's a picture of Sarah and I reading last night. I was reading the Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson but Charlie took that one over, so i am now reading David, by Charles Swindoll. I love that guy... David and Charles, but I am talking about David. I don't know that much yet, but I did a Beth Moore study on him and it was fantastic, so i think this will give me a little more info on him. Anyway, it's good reading.



I was obviously bugging her.




That's my little head behind all those pillows



Anyway, I'll sign off now. I have a meeting with Charlie's teachers this morning so I better take a shower so I do not "O"ffend.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Got to go the sun is coming up and guinea piggies are squeaking.
Love, Joann







4 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,
    I hope this round of Chemo goes well. I really don't blame you for getting upset. Somethings you need a down day or days. Betty is right. Once this round ends, your going to Israel. Wow! I bet your talk with your Doctor will help.

    Glad to hear your kids are adjusting back into school.

    I have a load of fun stories about your dad. How he always got you the coolest cars--you even had a bug! Anytime I saw him he always greeted me with a loud --"Hey Kathy" then a big hug. (So welcoming from a quiet girl who, at them time, was not use to such a greeting.) I also remember how kind he was to the People who bought the Clive street house. They showed up to the Yard Sale and he was just so nice to them. They were all smiles. (Didn't they buy or bring him a gift?)
    That was your dad--bringing people smiles, treating everybody the same. A nice, nice guy who loved life.
    Blessing to you.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly wants to say she's glad you're her new Auntie.

    B>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Molly, you are a good girl and you can come over and play or sleep over any time.
    Auntie Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool picture of the crab. I'm sure I would have screamed even before he charged at me. I can relate to your port issue. Now that I have gained weight back it doesn't stick out as much. When people see it and ask what it is I tell them it's my button and when I push it I turn into a super hero. I get some pretty funny looks when I say that. Keep focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel - you're getting there!

    ReplyDelete