Sunday, June 22, 2008

PET scan tomorrow

Hi friends,
I have a prayer request for a clear mind, strong, healthy body, and no cancer in my body. I have been a bundle of nerves today and it is very upsetting. My test is as 8:30, so I sit for about 40 minutes by myself, then they do the CAT/PET scan. Rick can come in with me during the PET part to touch my toes or something.
I'm nervous, I hate going into those machines.

I'm kinda crying right now so pardon me for being pathetic.

I am hoping for no new signs of this stupid disease, and that the spot in my shoulder is gone. I keep talking to God about the same thing over and over again. I feel like Eeyore with the dark cloud over him.
I know God doesn't use the internet ;) , but I am going to write my prayer down anyway. this is how I am feeling.

Lord Jesus, forgive me for my fear. you have blessed me so many times and continue to take care of me. Forgive my doubt. I am worried about the test results, and don't really want to face them. They could be great!, but I am having such a hard time with not knowing. Father, help bring to my mind all the times that you have done so many cool things for me. i know you are here, and see me and love me. I am just tired and sad. Please give me your peace, Lord. I don't aways feel like I can handle this path, and I know you have a purpose for my trial, but I don't like it right now. I want to breath easy. Jesus, comfort me and my fear. Tonight, I know you will be there when I am awake and scared, let me just thank you for that now. you are the only one who can comfort me at those times. Please Lord come with me to my test tomorrow and let me see your face when the big machine is over me. Lord, keep me calm as I wait for results and give me the grace and composure to walk this path. Use me Lord, for something good. Comfort my friends and family that are praying for me and thinking about me. Bless them and I pray that you will draw them all closer to you through my situation. I believe you are my healer, Jesus. I wish I could touch the hem of your robe, like the lady in the Bible.
I love you Lord Jesus, and I thank you and praise you for salvation. I am trusting you with my life and with my family, that your plan is best. I give thanks that I am a child of yours. In your precious name Lord Jesus, I pray. Amen

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,

    This is my first post on your website although I've been following your progress for a month or so now. Even in your fear and doubting times you are such and inspiration. I can see from your photos that you are a beautiful person but, it is most obvious from your posts that you are even more beautiful on the inside. I prayed your personal and honestly vulnerable prayer along with you today and I know God is with you every step of the way. God bless you and your precious family and know that God has a purpose and a plan for you and your family and not to harm you! Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me and Lauren drop in unexpectedly this evening! It was a nice break. Hey, you know something? Jesus has His hand on you right now, He will sit by your bed tonight and watch over you so you can sleep, then He will go in the van with you to the test, walk in the room with you, wait, guide, and love you. He is so wonderful. I even get all teary just writing about Him. It will be great to see you tomorrow when the yucky test is over so you can tell me all about Jesus being with you. Sleep tight. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jo-Jo".....Ann gave me your blog which I have been following. You are an amazing woman and doing a great job in tackling the bumpy road you are on. God is watching out for you. Just take his hand and he will guide you. Look forward to seeing you this weekend. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joann,
    Your pray to the Lord is beautiful I know Jesus is with you and your family. I pray that you, Rick and the kids feel his comfort. Thinking and praying for you always.
    Love, Kathy
    (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. May there have been strength to you because of all who shared your prayer. Thank goodness it's over ! Rejoice in knowing you won't let satan steal your happiness.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joann,
    My name is Laurie and I saw you today waiting for your PET scan. I want to know that ever since I first met you at chemo, that I have been thinking and praying for you. I also have breast cancer and this journey or battle (both are correct) is not easy. I wanted you know know that I will be anxiously awaiting your results...and praying all is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joann~ I'm praying all went okay today and that you felt the comfort of HIS hand on you. Pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking of you today all day...hoping all is peaceful at your home, and within you:) You opened yourself up last night and I felt your pain as I read your entry. Dont ever feel pathetic for being sad, or letting your friends know that your crying. Everyone reading your entries have been in places before where they were anxious and had that bundle of nerves in their stomachs. I know I have several times and it's a frightening feeling! I think in that spot no words anyone can say can lift that uneasy feeling. BUT being alone with God certainly can! Even just closing yourself off in a room...or wherever and praying, talking to him wether that means crying screaming...or whatever fits you at that moment~ he can lift that ugly feeling off and give you his peace. He declares that to us! "My peace I leave with you"
    I am awaiting these results as you are...and wanted you to know that your in a piece of my mind...even as Im cooking dinner:)
    have a restful night dear...

    ReplyDelete