Monday, June 23, 2008

Glad that part is over

Random picture of Sarah and Blue
Wicked storm coming down our street
My new headphones

The PET scan machine
The Radioactive sugar agent
The lady with the needle
Just a thank you to Cindy for your words of encouragement
To Jan, It's so nice to hear from you. Can't wait to see you this weekend also.
Pam, We will definitely do the lunch date. It'll be fun.
Thank you as always , Betty for your friendship and prayers
Kristi , thanks for the e-mail this morning. I read it a bunch and heard the verse your mentioned on my way home from the test.
Linda, I remember you , too from chemo and I think about you often. It was good to see you. I hope you can keep visiting my blog.
Kathy, I love you and miss you. We had a fun visit.


Thanks , you guys for your prayers. I slept right through the first part of the appt today when you have to sit by yourself in a dark room. I am usually super fidgety, but I put my iPod on and passed right out. I did sleep really well last night, too.

My test went smoothly. I should get me results Wed. afternoon . It was over pretty quick. I took some pictures. Rick came in for the last part of the test but we didn't talk or anything. I think he was browsing the web on his iPod. He's so well adjusted.
After that, it's been a regular day. Girls playing, one boy went to the movies with some friends, Betty and I read out in the backyard , five teenagers over for a while and laundry. Trying not to let worry consume.
Rick brought home a cool pair of retro headphones for me. They are cool looking. I use my iPod a lot, as you can probably tell. They look funky.

Unbeatable Banzuke and Ninja Warrior are our new favorite shows here. Has any one else seen them? The kids and I are watching them right now. You've got to watch them if you get G4.

We've got a wicked storm coming this way, so I am going to post my pictures and sign off. I've got a bit of a headache. I think it's from the stuff they gave me today for the test. Oh well. It comes with the territory.

I just have to say, I feel so blessed to have you guys to encourage me. I mean, everyone that leaves a message is so loving and uplifting. I feel very blessed. sniff..sniff. Thank you friends. I love you. I'd like to pray for you guys if you have any prayer requests. Love, Joann

4 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHH goodness...why I thought Jesus would return, before you'd have a chance to post...I think you slept better than I did last night, thinking YOU WEREN'T!!!!!! Every time I was up for green tea, or what not, I thought about YOU,not sleeping, maybe with angst in your soul...praying, through out the day, concerned, your day was mortifying......and trying to pray you right on up and over the troubled waters....But then realized....you're day was a-drift on the many prayers of your peeps...I am soooo thankful, grateful and praise dear sweet Saviour Jesus, for carrying you, on HIS shoulders allllll night and alllllllll day long....What a beautiful merciful loving G-d, what a King---I am humbled, for YOU FATHER, hearing everyones prayers, and Answering...humbly, humbly with thanksgiving I pray, bowing in reverance to YOUR Omnipotence and Magnificence....xoxoxo Just me Lord, Jinji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann,
    I am thinking of you and pray god will give you strength while you wait to hear your results. You are the strongest most faithful person I know. I love you!
    Kim
    PS We love the Ninja Warriors! Ryan has it on TIVO. Hey we should do that.... all of the Indialantic Moms. Ha...Wouldn't that be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joann! It was so good to see you a few weeks ago! I'm so happy to hear that your PET scan went well. Please forgive my tardiness in visiting your site. My 10 yo niece was here for a week, and I've been recuperating ever since! :) I have always been in awe of your strong faith and complete surrender. I thank God for you!
    Love
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're new head-phones look cool and comfortable. Those little ear-buds can be irritating to say the least. That was an ominous storm on Monday and it came just in time to miss swimm practice. We got to eat dinner at a reasonable time. I just finished the book, "90 Minutes in Heaven" that one of your readers referenced. That's why Jesus died for us so that we can experience what this author speaks of in his book; heaven ! Our Faith is His utmost priority according to James Dobson."Without it , it is impossible to please Him" (Hebrews 11:6). So between the two books I'm reading/have read...it's our faith in Him - no matter how bumpy the road - that get's us to what Don Piper, a Pastor in Texas,(author of 90 minutes...) experienced as Heaven. You can barrow my copy to read. It's troubling to read what he went through but encouraging to read about Heaven.

    Did you get my "anonymous" comments. Did they drive you crazy wondering who reminded you to not let satan steal any of our happiness ? Sorry to not leave an identity. I realized I didn't leave my name the past couple times. I think you just intuitively know it's me. Allan runs into you more than I do. Allan will have his PET again in October. Like you said' hate those confirmed dates. Just think you'll be living it up in Isreal and Allan will be dreading the machine. Everyone in different places at different times having our Faith renewed.

    Gee, I wish I had all my adult obligations taken care of so I could write more !!

    Thinking of you, Linda

    ReplyDelete