Monday, June 2, 2008

one day to go

One more day til school is out. Wha-hoo. I have no idea how i am going to keep my kids busy this summer but that's ok. Rick's away for a few more days. I miss him.
I am reading 2 cor 10. It's about Paul's defense of his ministry, and staying in God's path for our life. I'm going to study this chapter for a while. I'll let you know what I learn. I can get pretty discouraged with my situation and want differently. I tell God, "if only I did not have this disease or go through chemo again, I could do so much more for you, be a better Mom and wife. Serve my church more." I have an uncommon life and I guess God wants to use it somehow, so I have to stay in His will and his path and within His boundaries to do what He plans for me to do.
I posted some of my pictures from Italy on Flickr so I could look at them easily. That's not even close to half of them that I took. I think I took about 500.
In October Rick and I are going to Israel with our church. I am keeping focused on that goal. Excuse me if I start putting pictures on the blog to encourage myself. I really want to be well enough to go. I think I'll be fine. I'm tired and I'm hittin it pretty soon. Love you guys. Don't be shy, you can respond to my blogs if you like. I love to read them at night before bed. Love you guys
here's part of 2 Cor 10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joann,
    Thanks for adding your photos from Italy. They are beautiful. My mom and I are planning to go next year for her 70th birthday!
    I can see why you took so many photos--everything is so amazing.
    At church this weekend our priest spoke about God's will. It was a different take than what I was taught. I'll share it with you when I see you next week!
    Today I have to drop Peter off at school then go for a long bike ride. (I am over my fear of busy roads. I say a lot of prays and pull over when I feel danger. I pulled just over once yesterday.)
    I hope you have a great day!
    Love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete