Saturday, May 31, 2008

What Charlie does when he's really bored


Well, It's the weekend again. We are going to The Melting Pot tonight for my Mother-in-law's Birthday. I think there's going to be 16 of us. Yikes, that's a lot of hot oil and pointy fondue forks, and kids! It will be nice to see Rick's sister, her husband and their kids. Got to get my boys haircut, make Sarah wear a dress and put her hair in a barrette. Should be a struggle. Rick's still in bed. He'll be up soon. He makes me the best cappuccino's on Saturday. I love that guy, so much. I have to say, I have an awesome husband.
Betty and I took our girls to her church last night to see their production of Fiddler on the Roof. It was very nice but we only stayed for half because it went very long. It was 9pm at intermission. The girls probably could've handled it but I think Betty and I were wiped out.
Sarah had a little party at school yesterday and they sang a couple of songs. It was wonderful. She has had a terrific teacher this year, and she did a wonderful job with the kids. I got a little emotional after. I am so thankful to be here to see things like that. I have to always remember how fortunate I have been, dealing with this disease. yes, it stinks that it has come back so many times, but each time , God teaches me more and more about His sufficiency. I have to lean so hard on Him, and He has been, slowly and patiently, strengthening my faith and trust in Him. I think it's pretty miraculous that my disease has not spread at all, after having 20 positive lymph-nodes 3 yrs ago. I know that's God's hand holding it back. I don't know if or when it will, I still plan on beating this thing, and living a long time. But so far, He's done some amazing things, I know it's Him and I am very comforted by that. "No Fear, Joann". That's what I hear, when I get panicky. Well, I suppose I'm rambling once again. I wish Rick would get up. I sure could use a cappuccino. I will definitely post this evening to puts some pictures of our dinner. I really love you guys, my friends. Thank you for your encouragement.
especially Kathy. I miss you and love you very much. I can't wait to see you. I do appreciate all the comments you guys send. It helps me more that you could know.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pics on your blog. However, the breakfast of champions is not prunes. It's a diet coke and a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann!
    I have some great news! Peter and I may see you next week. Check you e-mail! Are those dates okay? I am going to book-it today. (:

    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i'm loving Betty more and more...perfect breakfast!!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete