Thursday, May 29, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

,
Hello, friends.
It's almost dinner time, but it's left-over night, so I can chill a bit, before Rick gets home. Do I sound like the world's laziest Mom, by saying that I "chill" a lot? I am kinda lazy, I can't dispute that..., but I did have a fun day.
I am so blessed to be able to "chill" and go out to lunch with my friends. I can't dispute that either! Anyway, I did have a fun day.
I went to Starbuck's with my friend Kim, this morning and had a lovely Chai Tea Latte. It was very tasty because, it's usually too sweet, but this time it was nice and spicy! We had a nice chat and I was going to take her picture , but the battery in my camera was dead, because my little girl likes to walk around the house using it as a video camera. Little stinker. After that I came home and Betty called and asked if I wanted to go out to lunch..."of course " I said, but where to go? Then My mom called and asked if I wanted to out to lunch! I'm so loved! We all went to Island Pasta and had a great lunch, but no pictures. Then I did a little shopping with my Mom. I bought two summer dresses, 50% off. My Mom only bought one. She came over for a while, then I brought my daughter and her friend home so they could play for a while. Exciting, Huh? Normal. That's what I like.
I am slowly learning to live day-to-day. Not quite there yet, and it's true, you do have to plan ahead and be realistic. But I am trying not to worry about things that haven't happened yet. Easy for me to say with no Dr. appt. or scans coming up real soon. It might be a different story in a month or so, when my new ones are scheduled. Please remind me of that statement.
Oh, another cool thing is, I found out that I can get the Neupogen needles mailed to my home so I can do the injection here instead of going to the clinic. We did this before, when I first had cancer in 2001. A nice on-line friend (you know who you are) reminded me of that. I will definately take pictures of that. Rick will do it. He used to practice on an orange before he let me have it. It's a bonding experience between husband and wife (he,he). I have to go make some sense of our leftovers. Have a nice evening.
Here's a scripture for today Psalm 103:17-18

2 comments:

  1. That's the best kind of normal day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, Glad you had a chill day! We just got back from a family bike-ride (thanks to you) and feel great. Heading out to buy some food and then to storyhour.
    Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete