Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursdays are ok, too














These are two lovely ladies that help me out in the Infusion room. They are very sweet.
I started a Flickr site. There's a link on the right.
Sorry that I have not posted in a few days. I have been sort of wiped out and have been crashing as soon as my kid-dies go to bed. Not a very exciting week , so I shall bore you with the details and pictures.
Tuesday I met Betty for lunch at the Mall and had Greek food. Very yummy. I had grape leaves and hummus wrapped in pita, Betty enjoyed a lovely Gyro. ( see picture).
I also did a little vacuuming and laundry ( I told you it was going to be boring) Rick got an ice cream maker from Sam's and it is fantastic. he made vailla, chocolate, and mint chip.
Yesterday was busier. I went to go see my sweet Mom and Dad. Please pray for my Mom, she was at quilting, trying to carry to much , and fell and hurt her shoulder and fractured her ribs. She is in a lot of pain. Poor Momma. She is the best. I'm praying that God will ease the pain and heal her quicker than expected. I went to see my Dr. for a yearly visit and got some more blood taken for thyroid stuff. My daughter and i went out to the farm where she takes riding lessons but no one was there but the animals. We feed them apples and took some pictures anyway. The boys were at youth group and seemed to have a good time. They are doing a lock-in this weekend and are excited about that. My oldest boy had a band recital after that but i did not go, Rick did. He looked so cute in his tuxedo shirt, cummerbund and bowtie. He is always horrified to put them on. It's pretty funny. Then after homework we watched National Treasure 2 which was ok but sort of cheesy. nicholas Gage's hair and teeth look strange. Then today I went for my medicine, by myself, sniff..sniff. just kiddin'. I'm used to it. i just like to go out to lunch after, but I came home, took a shower ( I have to wash after chemo..I don't know why), and feel asleep. Now my little girl and Betty's daughter are playing and eating watermelon.
We just played some jump-rope. Nothing like a little teddy-bear, teddy-bear, to get the heart pumping. OK, just talked to my nurse and no neupogen this week. hopefully my white blood count will stay high. Kind of a little upset that I did not get last week's treatment. Hmmm, have to let that go and not worry. It's difficult not to though, when you are ready to do anything (almost) to beat this thing. Got to calm down or I get myself all worked up. I called Rick earlier and unloaded on him already. As usual he was calm and told me not worry about it.
On a positive note, I feel pretty good: no headache or anything, and it is finally raining out. Yeah! Also, my friend comes back from Italy today. I haven't seen her for three months. Well, goodbye for now.
Joann Scripture for today for me is John 14:27

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joann, Thanks for the link to your photos. Really cool. I am so glad to hear your treatment went okay yesterday. I wish I could have taken you.

    Peter and I just got back from the Kennebunkport Library. It is funny. All the Florida people (snow birds) are making their way here for the summer. The town was full of tan and rested people--not the norm around here.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the ice cream!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that library. I remember bringing my boys there a couple of times when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the pix of Betty and Rick!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete