Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rockin' the Chemo room.treatment No.2

I had my second treatment today. My Mom went with me. She is so wonderful and strong. She crocheted while I got my medicine. She is always busy with her hands, which is very calming for me. I brought my camera with me today but I forgot to take pictures in the chemo room.
I just love my new bike, I have been going for a lot of rides to keep my head clear. I have a wonderful little Honda Metropolitan Scooter that I have to get out on also. I love to go fast and let the wind blow my troubles away.
My headache is finally gone, and my Dr. thought it was due to my anti-nausea medicine, but I was kinda bummed, because I got another dose of it (Anzemet) before he told me that. I sincerely hope it doesn't affect me like that this week. That was a real stinker. I guess next week we will try another one(Zofran).
Tomorrow is my PET scan. I have trouble with tests. Anxiety is a difficult thing to ignore.
Every now and then I go on the Times Square Church website and listen to a Dave Wilkerson sermon. Boy, are they powerful. I highly recommend it. It's just amazing what you can do on the internet. I can also listen to sermons from A.W.Tozer, which is totally cool. I listened to a message by Dave Wilkerson today that was about trials actually being training. It's difficult to summarize, so I won't even try. It was good.
Well, I have to admit, I am taking it very easy this afernoon. You know when you have a bellyache or the beginnings of the flu and you don't really want to move. That's kinda how I feel. The wind blew over our patio table twice today and thankfully the glass table didn't break. Other than getting dinner and a couple of other little things, I've sort of been a couch potato. I think my kids think it's weird but everyone seems happy. Sarah wanted to go for a bike ride but I didn't feel up to it. That makes me feel badly for her.
I messed up the picture thing for yesterday, that's why there's two pictures of my flowers and I don't know how to edit it. I switched the comments manager thing on this blog so if you have not been able to post a response, try again, because I've reset a few things. If it doesn't work, I apologize, let me know and I will try to figure things out. I'm going to wait til this evening to post a scripture because I haven't opened my Bible today and I will be having some prayer tonight before bed and I'm sure He'll show me something comforting to share. Til tonight,bye

3 comments:

  1. Joann, I am glad you were able to take it easy this afternoon. I am sure you'll be biking with Sarah tomorrow afternoon. Maybe you can bike to a hamburger joint! Sounds like you have some cool bikes and rides!

    This afternoon I spent time with my friend Dorothy and her new daughter from Peru! (My friend and her family were in Peru for 6 weeks.) It was so nice to see her bonding with her mom, dad, brother, dogs, chickens, and rabits. (Dorothy reminds me a lot of you!)

    It was also nice to listen to the stories of all the nice folks that helped Dorothy and her family along this journey. From the grandmom on the airplane who helped keep Isabell happy to the man on the bus demanding that Dorothy and her baby take his seat.
    All these people heard His calling.

    Love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy
    Thank you for all of your words of encouragement. I love to hear from you. Hope to see you soon.
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i can picture ur mom knitting calmly next to u.

    thank you for u and sharing this blog!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete