Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday's PET/CT scan



The needle looks scary but it was only some saline before I got the nuclear agent for the scan. I just thought it was funny how big the needle was. Rick took some pictures of me in the machine. It took a long time and I was anxious, but I kept remembering that the Holy Spirit in me was stronger than any fear. I also think of Peter stepping out of the boat when he saw Christ walking on the water. I try to always keep my eyes fixed on Christ's eyes and not look down or around me at the stormy sea. Rick and I went to Don's Hoagies after the test and split a SuperItaliano with everything on it. Yum. I love Don's, it's always the same. I should've taken a picture of it. When I got home I took a very long bike ride and tried to sweat all those toxins out of me then had a long, hot,hot shower. I still feel Radioactive. The kids came home soon after that, then Sarah and I took some silly pictures and videos. The boys played on the computer for a while. The Spring Fling at the elementary school was last night but none of us felt like going. We did go for a bike ride when Rick got home. Sort of a casual night as usual but very cozy. I will post some pictures here, plus a very unflattering video that Sarah took of me just for giggles.
Matthew 14:25-32
25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

3 comments:

  1. That needle does not look to good. (Yikes!)
    Hope your scan went okay.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Sarah reading the book. She looks so wise! I hope this comment thingy works 'cause my last few REALLY IMPORTANT posts didn't make it. ha ha ha, or should I use the new lingo and say LOL? Love and many hugs to you when you read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving ur scriptures!
    i need to get me a bible (with footnotes, of course)...lol

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete