Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I love My Dad



I just came home from doing a bunch of errands and a long bike ride and it's a bit difficult to be home alone so I usually blast the worship music or walk around with my iPod on to drown out my own ridiculous thoughts. ( that was a run-on sentence). Anyway, I grabbed a pillow and started crying, and I know I shouldn't because it takes forever to calm down and my nose gets really red. Weell, I was sobbing , but remembered I needed to bring the garbage can in and get the mail. There, by my door, was a big box of roses from my Daddy, with a very sweet note in it. Thank you so much Dad. They are beautiful and I love you so much. Needless to say I started crying even harder, not because I was more sad, but because I realized more blessings in my life. Parents who love me and are always there for me. I am so thankful. My Dad doesn't always feel that great either and I know this whole thing is difficult on him but my prayer is, and I know God is answering it, is that God will strengthen him in his faith and in his body. I love you Daddy.

Ephesians 5:1 Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offeing and sacrifice to God

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,
    ... Stop and smell the Roses... How beautiful that your Daddy did that for you!!! I came by this morning and dropped off a book for you. I read you need some adventure and this book will definately be that and much more!!! Try it!!!! You will need to get past the first few chapters as they are Geographical and Historical but all worth it.
    Hope you have a Peaceful night!!!
    Love to you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--your dad is so sweet! Give him a big hug for me!
    Your faith in God is infectious. From your words on this blog, I feel Gods light up here in Maine.

    Hope you and your family have a nice night!
    Love & Hugs to you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers and your hallway look beautiful! (Nice colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, love the papa jim story...
    that makes me cry too!

    ReplyDelete