Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Results

I got my results in today and praise God the PET scan did not show any disease anywhere else in my body. There is still a spot where they took the last lymph node out which probably means that there is another node that is cancerous. Kind of a bummer, but we are hoping the chemo will shrink it away to nothing. The Dr. says that we can gage whether or not the chemo is working. I go for more tests in 2 or 3 months. It's probably very small if it didn't show on the CAT scan. Anyway, it's good news, and I'll keep on fighting. I gave him a report on a Her2/neu vaccine clinical trial. It might be something hopeful for the future. Anyway, I am going to church in a little bit and have to figure out something for dinner. Thank for all your prayers and for supporting me. I know this sounds funny, but you know how in he Bible when Joshua was fighting, I don't remember who but as long as Moses held his staff up , Joshua was winning. Well, Moses was pretty old then , and got tired of holding his arms up so two others (Aaron and Hur) let him sit down but they held up his arms for him and Joshua continued to win and was ultimately victorious. In a bit of a way I feel like Moses and all my friends are helping me to hold my arms up when I am tired. I know it's God's battle, but I still need to keep my arms up, in praise through my battle. Thank you all for helping me. Love you guys.I'll see if I can add a link so you can look at the story if yo are not familiar with it.

Exodus 17:9-13 (New International Version)
9 Moses said to Joshua, "Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands."

10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Of course we'll help hold up your arms...that's what friends are for. Have a great day!!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann
    It was nice meeting you at the cancer support group last night. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It is so hard to keep the fear away. You want to trust God, but there is the human part of you that can not. I go for my testing next week and I am so stressed right now. I was fine the first time they found the cancer......
    Each time I go for testing/results I know the sun will still shine, the sky will still be blue and life around me will go on, but my life might changed drastically. Unless you have been there, done that, no one can imagine what it is like. I do know they have come such a long way in cancer treatment since my treatment, so there is always hope.
    I will continue praying for your. I do know prayer helps!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. great story of Moses!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete