Thursday, May 15, 2008

Drama Queen in the Infusion Room













Well, I couldn't get my treatment of Navelbine today. I did get the Herceptin but I was pretty upset about not getting the other stuff. My white blood count was way too low. 1.5 and normal is 4.0-11.0. I created a bit of drama crying and asking them if I could get the Navelbine with a little neupogen to boost me back up. At first they said nope but I called again and I guess they changed their mind and gave me some neupogen but no chemo. My (very sweet) nurse explained that I would not have any immune system and could wind up in isolation in the hospital. Yikes, no thanks, but I was still very distraught. Of course my sweet friend , Betty, God love her, was there to calm me down. Neupogen boosts the growth of new white blood cells, so I get one shot tomorrow and another on Saturday and bounce back for treatment next Thurs. I would greatly appreciate prayers for my bone marrow to keep growing those little guys so I can get treatment, uninterrupted. The nurses are so sweet and sensitive and I truly appreciate their understanding. I took some pictures in there today. The other patients probably thought I was being weird. I have to be honest, here, I am a bit depressed about the whole thing. It's very hard to snap out of this funk. It's like a leaky faucet. Drip, drip, drip, cancer, cancer, cancer. What a nasty thing. I have to pray for a sound mind. [sigh]
On a happier note, Betty and I went to nice little Mexican restaurant . Very delish! yummy guacamole! Very authentic Mexican cowboy food. "Salsa's", downtown for anyone interested. Again I should've taken pictures. After that I did some grocery shopping with Betty, then we chilled at her house. Then I got my little squirt from school and we went out for ice cream. [sigh] I still can't shake this bummed out feelin'. I finished listening to a book on my iPod called " Same Kind of Different as Me" and it was very good. I like to listen to books while riding on my bike, although I don't think it is very safe. If I listen at home it's usually at bedtime and I fall to sleep. Well, the boys are home from Middle school and time to cracK the whip, homework wise. I have't looked at any scripture today so I will post something today when I'm all tucked in bed in my fav jammies. Yawn, can't wait. It's been a weird day. Attaching pics of a few ladies in the Infusion room and contents of a box of goodies my bis sis sent me. Love you guys, Drama Queen

1 comment: