Wednesday, May 28, 2008

a long Wednesday

Boy, it's been a long day. It's not even 9pm as I write this, and i am tired. Thank you , Kathy, for the spinach recipe. It sounds yummy. My nurse told me today that my platelets were low and that eating fresh watermemlon and pineapple helped to get the level back up. We go through a ton of watermelon in this house, so bring it on!
I am very cranky today. I had chemo and it went fine, but, boy, did I have a bad attitude. I was very fidgety and uncomforatble. I try to be nice and encouraging to the people sitting next to me, but today I just didn't feel like it. I keep thinking about how long I will have to do this treatment , and it really brings me down. My hair hurts and I'm too skinny. Wah-wah-wah, boo-hoo. Ok pity -party's over. Nothing much to write about. Rick went out for a walk by himself tonight, I'm in bed and the boys are watching some kinda cartoon in the front room. Sarah and Blue are asleep in her room. Rick just came home. I'm turning in. G'night

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Joann,
    I hope your feeling okay this morning. I can't imagine what it feels like when your hair hurts. It must be so painful. (ouch--.)
    I am glad the fruit helped get your platelets back up. (Who knew yummy watermelon and pineapples were so powerful?)
    Sounds like you had a hard day yesterday. It must be so hard to be cheerful when your fighting this. You owe it to yourself sometimes to have a bad attitude and get it out of your system. (A chronic pain doctor told me that. Sometimes when my pain (which I know is NOTHING like yours) is really bad and I am feeling sorry for myself, I just have a bad day/attitude. I pray too and that helps.
    Glad you like the spinach recipe.
    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I love your blog and I LOVE those high heeled crocs! Brenna was thrilled to see the pix of our girls together in the yearbook. See you tomorrow for the end of year party. We can discuss some plans for next week!
    Jules
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joanne

    Those crocs are awesome! We should go get a pedicure together sometime soon. Maybe with each other the weirdness would be less - for me too - I really don't like my pinkie toes touched. I think my mom clipped one of the tips off when she was trimming my babe nails or something. How about next week? I'm free any day except Friday.

    <3 Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I;m up for a pedicure. I'll call you. As long as they don't shave my heels. That is the grosset.

    ReplyDelete