Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I can't think of a clever title for today

My new shoes, they're Crocs!
Strawberries from North Carolina,yum
My mother-in Law, Carol, at Salsa's
My Sope, I can only eat one, but it's good


Hi.How is everyone? ...((silence..))
Well, I hope you guys are ok. I'm well, thank you , very much. I had a nice lunch with my Mother-in-Law, Carol, at Salsa's, downtown. Their guacamole is so good. She bought me a pair of shoes too! They are crocs, can you believe it. They are very comfortable, and cute. I have to paint my toenails though. I have a foot problem. I get wigged out when I get a pedicure, and even when I paint them myself, I get all shaky. I have issues.
I am going to Cancer Overcomers at my church tonight. It's a very nice group of ladies, and we just chat. That's at 7. Gee, I don't have much to say. Maybe I should do something productive...like laundry. Does anyone else have problems with laundry? It never ends. You seem to finally get all the hampers emptied, clothes folded and put away, then there's like three more loads to do the next day. Do you think we'll have to do laundry in Heaven?
I am going to church tomorrow night, our Pastor is talking about Spiritual Deception. There's a healing/revival thing going on in Lakeland and it is pretty weird. If anyone has heard of it or is thinking of going, please don't. It's pretty creepy. Take it from someone who really, really wants to be healed...it's not of God. Look it up on the internet if you like. The guy's name is Todd Bentley and I think it's pretty scary. Yikes, I'm getting the willies even thinking about it. That's not my Lord, He doesn't give people he willies, he gives them love, grace, forgiveness and salvation. Well, my boys will be home shortly and I'm sure there will be homework tonight.
I have chemo in the morning, so I am praying that my white count will be high. If it's not I guess I'll get more neupogen. I think I did pretty good this week as far as side effects go. I pretty much had none. Just a little tired. I only had a slight headache, so I think the new nausea medicine worked well. I think I need to eat more green food though. Anybody have any good recipes for spinach or kale, or green stuff?
If anybody isn't busy tomorrow and wants to go to chemo with me let me know. I'm usually fine on my own though.
Talk to you soon.
Joann

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so like, if I knew your mom-in-law was springing for lunch AND crocs I would have thrown Rich under the bus and gone with you! Oh well. As it was I had to sit in the doc's office with him playing 20 questions with MYSELF. (I let myself win.) Glad you had a good day! I ordered you a present online and I can't wait until it gets here. Hope you will like it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann,
    Wow! The crocs up this way don't look like that! Those are very stylish. What color are you going to paint your toes? The berries look nice too. I can't wait for strawberry picking! I love strawberry shortcake!
    Do you like garlic? If so, Fry some olive oil, garlic and spinach in a pan--throw it over a baked potato or on top of toasted bread. (Also throw some pinenuts over it.) I have another pasta/spinach I'll e-mail it to you.
    My laundry creeps up on me too. My dream is to move my washer/dryer to the upstairs (right now it is in the basement). (Gee-dreams do change.)
    Love all the photos and messages/updates.
    Take good care tomorrow!
    Love, Kathy

    ps all your bike riding got me motivated. Today I went for a long ride with Luke. It was a good work out for my legs and I felt great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes. When do they make their debut? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, now i'm loving betty and kathy- how lucky are u jo!

    the shoes not so sure they would be MY style!

    ReplyDelete