Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bummed Again

I don't know , you guys... I am bummed again. I slept really late after bringing Rick to the airport early this morning, and couldn't get it together to get everyone moving to go to church. We attend a very large church, so we are going out there in a bit to have a burger or something. The elders were going to have a little prayer with me this afternoon. I feel very selfish, not getting my children out the door on time, to attend the service. No attempts to make me feel better are needed, thanks anyway. I feel bad. Yesterday has got me down also. I didn't do too much at all. We went for bike rides and Rick did a bunch around the house, but i am still in a fog. This is so hard, friends. I can't even imagine having to deal with this if I had to work and support myself going through this. God is very , very good to me, but i am still pretty blue.
On a Happier note I am enjoying a lovely cup of coffee. It's delish.
Let me remind myself, God Has Got it. I think I may walk around repeating this to myself. i am sorry to unload.
That neupoge n that I'm on is interesting. I took it a long time ago hen I was first diagnosed in 2001 and had no problems with it. Maybe because I'm 7 yrsolder now, but it really made me feel weird. It can cause bone pain, nd boy did my back feel so strage he last few days. it stimuulaes the bone marrow growth. Nothing a few Tylenol can't handle though.
My coffee is cold . Got to do a heatp. I always do that, never finish my cup before it goes cool.
For those of you that don't know, Rick and I are planning a trip to Israel in late Oct. with our Church. We will be gone for 12 days and I am so looking forward to it. i like to go to the libray and get books and things to help me focus on that goal. I know that being there won't bring me any closer to Jesus, but it is going to be so cool to be there. I had a great trip by myself[no husband or children] 1 1/2 yrs. ago to italy which really turned out to be like a pilgrimage. I went with a good friend and stayed at her mother's home. I planne on seeing a lot of art and artifact and basically being a tourist. (I did look like a serios tourist), but God showed me a lot of cool things. One thing I will never forget was the catacombs of the earlyChristians in Rome. i keep thinking that these were the people that Paul wrotehis letter to in th Bible. It was amazing to see where they wereburied, but also where they worshipped almost 2000 yrs ago. I have a lot of pics. on my computer of my trip but I didn't take to many there. it felt weird taking pictures of places like that, plus I don't think they allowed it, so, there you go.
Keep reminding me of my trip if I sound blue. It's a blessing from the Lord for Rick and I to go together. I guess i will fit right in if I have no hair, i'll have a scarf on my head. hey, also, let me know if anyone wants something. I want to bring back a copper coffee pot from the Bedouin Tent hop in Jerusalem. If anyone has been before, let me know what you did. i think we have one free day to urselves. The rest of the trip is planned. Ok, i feel better now. If I get any good pics today I will post them later.
love,
joann

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Joann. Just like Hagar, God sees you in your desert place. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. my last post did not work . . . what did I say?

    I hope you had a nice Sunday. It is so hard to get the "troops" up and out the door. For me it takes some mega cheerleading. I know that when you don't feel to good, it is harder. (I only have one little fellow.)

    What did you all do today? After Church we went to an outdoor fair. Good food and lots of fun. After that we went on a long bike ride. Peter loves riding his bike.

    Your trip sounds so cool! What places are you going to see! That is a dream trip of mine too.

    Take good care and God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay . . .I know what I did wrong. If I don't get this message "Your comment has been saved." My message was not posted.
    I guess I need to pay more attention!
    Good night again!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. we didn't do too much. wewent to church for lunch and hung out around home. Some of the boys friends came over for a while but they didn't stay long because they were getting too crazy. We had a nice quiet day. i was going to take them to see the Prince Caspian movie but I think we will wait til Rick can go with us. Have a good night.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Joann. I'm looking for a blog from ya today but haven't found one! Drat! I enjoyed our GOOGLE reasearch today. Remember to Whom we belong and to not be deceived. Jesus is Victor.

    Love ya.
    B.

    ReplyDelete