Monday, October 27, 2008

We made it

Hi guys,
We made it to Israel. What a trip. The flight was great but long. I think my left butt cheek is still asleep. It took us about 13 hrs in all. It was very interesting on the last leg of the trip to see all of the ultra orthodox Jewish people on the flight. Two or three times the men got up for prayer and put on their phylacteries and scarfs and met in different parts of the plane.
Rick was squished in a window seat the whole ride. He's 6'3". It was funny when someone asked him if he got any sleep on the flight, he said"my left leg got about 2 hrs".
We got on our funky purple bus for the ride to Netanya which is, I think, about 30 or 40 miles north of Jerusalem. There was an accident on the road during our drive,a nd our huge bus could not get around it, so the fellas on our bus got out and pushed the car out of the way. We got to our hotel and had a beautiful buffet all ready for us in the dining room. Wow, what a spread. All kinds of delicious salads and pot roast and chicken and fish. Yummy desserts, too. After that we went for a walk to the town. It was interesting. Rick took some pictures of me and I was getting embarrassed, because I was trying t0o be "cool", and blend in. Any way, our hotel room is nice, we are on the Meditterean , and I hope to go put my toes in it this morning. We have anice balcony and can see it from our room so we slept with the sliding door open and listened to it all night. It's been raining for a while and man where there some big thunder claps last night. It echoes off the buildings so it sounded very intense. I think it's supposed to rain today for a bit, but that's ok. We are going to Megiddo , Ceasarea and Nazareth today, the we will be staying in a diffent hotel on the Galilee. It's about 5 am . I'm getting hungry.
Thank you for all of your prayers for my kids. We web camera called them last night and they were goofy.
God is so good to me. This trip is such a blessing for Rick and I. I am so excited to see what He is going to show us. I'll see if I can post a few pictures here of our cool bus.
Love,Joann
Send a comment so I can keep in touch with you guys.

1 comment: