Friday, October 17, 2008

The McCain Rally






This was so cool you guys.
We ended up going kind of late to the Rally and there were so many people there. I think I would estimate about 5 or 6 thousand. What a line! Charlie took a cool video of the length of the line but I accidentally erased it.
Well, we couldn't get in so we listened to the speeches outside and hung out off to the side leaning on some barricades, talking to people. Jimmy made a sign in the car, "Obama is a Noob" , and we gave him a hard time. I was trying to be the politically correct Mother saying, "Jimmy, we support our beliefs and our Candidates, but don't knock down the other side". Well, he brought it anyway. Man did he get a lot of attention. So we were hanging out and we saw all kinds of secret service fellas, and an officer came by and said, "Don't leave, you've got a surprise coming.", then they roped our section off. A few minutes later the Senator and his Wife, Charlie Crist, who I think is going to be President some day, and Sen. Mel Martinez came down the line and shook our hands. It was thrilling. I couldn't get pictures of them shaking the kids hands because we were all squished together and the Secret Service fellas were telling us to put things down or lower them. Sarah would not shake Sen. McCain's hand but he tried. The boys were pretty excited and gave them all a good hand shake.
Wow, that was cool. I put all of the picture on Flickr so you can click on that. You actually have to click on the picture grid, not the text. I think I got a couple of videos but there's not much to them.

On a different note. I have been feeling pretty yucky. I have had a bad cold or sinus infection, actually I think it's two. I got over one and seem to have picked up another and have been coughing like a ...I don't know. It's gross though. I feel pretty washed out. I am leaving next weekend and would truly appreciate some prayers for health.
sniff,sniff,cough, cough.
Thanks so much. Anyway , please look at the photos and tell me what you think. Everyone have a terrific weekend.
Love,
Joann

1 comment:

  1. that is really really amazing! again...Im so jealous!
    Did it kinda seem surreal? You see these people on tv and then boom...there they are in front of you in person shaking your hand! a once in a lifetime moment!!!

    ReplyDelete