Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's been a while.

I am feeling great. I only have one more chemo to go then I'm off on my big adventure.
I am so excited
I haven't had too much to say in the last couple of days, and still don't really. I'm kinda keeping a low profile.
Things are quiet around here, the windows are open, finally. We have a nice cool breeze blowing in from the ocean.
I had a terrific breakfast with my friend this morning. Deep fried stuffed french toast. Oh my gosh, bring on the carbs! It tasted like the bread was dougnut batter. Wow. It was filled with strawberries and bananas. Delish.
It was great sitting and having coffee with her, although she is a tea drinker.
we had a meeting at to church , last night, about our trip and I am kind of in a daze about going Israel. I can't believe it.
Thank you , Lord, for all of these wonderful extra blessings.
I'm feeling quiet so I don't have much to say. I have a couple of friends that are going through very difficult times and I would appreciate your prayers for them, both of them are battling breast cancer. Catie is a friend who also has a blog, and she comments occasionally on my site. Please lift her up in your prayers.
Here's what I have been praying for her:
Father, I know you see your daughter now, and I know you are leading her though this valley and I thank you for that. Lord, please let her feel your presence today and this evening as she rests. Strengthen her body and her spirit. Heal her from her cancer and her doubt. Help her to understand that you are in control and that you are not going to leave her. You are there and she can rest in your arms. Lord, comfort her husband and touch his heart. Bless their children and keep them healthy. Lord, when I was going through treatment I asked you to take away the nasty side effects, and you did. I admit I felt bad for doing that after you had already taken away my sins, but you did it gracefully and totally. I pray that for Catie Lord Jesus, that you will take her weakness and nausea and discomfort and give her your strength. Lord you took our stripes so that we could be healed from so many things, sins, death , disease.. please do that for Catie. I know you will meet her more than halfway when it comes to getting to know you more.
Lord Jesus, help me to be a good example of your love to her. Guide and watch over the words that come from my mouth and my actions, so that all she sees when I am talking with her or helping her is your never-ending love for her. Thank you Lord for the people you put in our lives. Thank you for Catie and give her a peaceful comforting evening, and watch over her husband and children.
In your name, my Savior I pray.

I am going to the McCain rally tomorrow night, should be fun. i will put some pictures here when I get back.
Have a great night.
Joann

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for deleting:) I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. I appreciate your apology and of course I forgive you. Thank you for your lovely message and keep talking to me. I enjoy it. Have a great day,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joann,
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful pray. (Your such a nice friend.)

    So happy you have just ONE MORE TREATMENT TO GO! I am so happy for you.

    Have fun tomorrow!
    Take good, good care,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete