Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gee, I guess I am self-involved

Hi guys,
I got a comment this morning about my blog.
To answer the writer...I guess I am self-involved. That's why I am writing the blog. I'm not making any excuses or being defensive. You are correct. I feel a little bad for myself sometimes and sometimes I just write what I am thinking. Nothing deep. I do try to live the "Bible Stuff", my faith is very important to me. I am not perfect and I don't live it perfectly, I am trying to live what I talk although , honestly , I don't sometimes, but I am trying. I also don' think this is the spot to talk about any body else's issues because it's not my place to discuss in this format.
I try not to mention my friends or families issues because this is out there on the internet and other people are more private than I, so that leaves my life to write about. Sorry.
Politically speaking, I am not claiming to be neither ignorant nor well informed. I am a Republican and support that ticket. I do read and try to get a grasp of current events but I am not a great debater so sometimes I am not terrific at explaining my views occasioanlly but I will give it a try. That being said, no matter what the election results are, I will show respect for the elected officials. (that's Biblical)If you would like to bring up some political questions or ideas on this post...
bring it on...let's get political...
and I will do my best to start a conversation about it. In fact I would love it.
I am interested in hearing other people's views and ideas.Let's talk about the economy, the environment, energy alternatives, the war, domestic problems. I might not agree with you but I love to hear from other people. I don't get too many comments from other people.
Ok,
I'll start,
Let's talk about the bailout? I don't understand it...what would happen if these institutions were not bailed out. Would we heal from that? Has the media created most of the hysteria? Who is responsible the government or the people? Why does everyone want to place the blame on the government and not have the guts to say that the individuals who took out the loans have some fault for the state we are in?
Is that naive? discuss...
Got any other topics to discuss? Go for it.
I will try to be not so self-involved, but if you are going to read this blog, you are going to get Bible stuff. Do me a favor and think about it.
I am not claiming that I walk around all day praising God, I should , but I don't, but I do try to share Him and what He is doing for me in my life.
Any hoo, maybe this will make for interesting reading, I look forward to hearing from you.
Love Joann
PS Here's a video that I think is fantastic



And here's a scripture for you too
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (New International Version)

26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

8 comments:

  1. I read the comment posted. Self Absorbed...Don't even get me started.

    Anyone who really knows you Joann knows that you are not a bit self absorbed. I look up to you and as your best friend you only make me want to be a better person.

    Your blog lifts me up and makes me appreciate the blessings in my life even more. The biggest one being you!

    Keep on writing friend!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. joann, i'm so glad that you weren't put off at all by that comment. you are kind of like sarah palin on this clip....you respect the right of anyone to speak their opinion, but it doesn't mean you agree with it. you are strong and brave and true and a definite encouragement to anyone who reads your blog. and that's just what it is--YOUR BLOG! so you can talk about whatever you want and vent your feelings and share cute and wonderful video clips and share the Word. and hopefully you get as much enjoyment and encouragement out of this as you give to us. i would rather see "the world" kept out of it. there are so many other forums for debates and today's news headlines that it is blessedly peaceful to enter into this site which is safe, and i believe, sancitified as a method for you to share God, share your emotions, and share your life. i am very thankful for you and your ministry. you make us all want to be better people. love, jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joann,
    Kudos to you for your generous & sweet spirit shining through once again. I am perplexed by the "anonymous" comments. You are very clear that this is a blog about YOUR experience with breast cancer & YOUR life journey through it. I love reading your blog and getting a "snapshot" in the day & life of Joann. I think whoever wrote that is confusing sharing & being real & honest (even when it ain't always pretty) with somehow being self involved. Keep on being real and God will honor that. Prayerfully put the words that He gives you on the page as you feel led to do. I count it a privilege that I can call you my friend.
    You are loved!!!

    P.S.-Thanks for my birthday earrings. I am wearing them today and I love them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read the Self Absorbed comment.

    I guess he did not get You created this blog to share with us your breast cancer treatment and other every day stuff with.

    I am so happy you created this blog. As a friend who lives too far to hook up for coffee, this is my connection to you.

    Thank you for sharing and you "bet-ya" I'll keep reading.

    Blessing to you!
    Love,
    Kathy

    ps Peter and I are off to a fire station open house! He is beyond excited!

    ps I support the Obama/Biden ticket--like you did not know it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHEW....where to start.
    I truly am hoping that you arent playing that video clip to "put me in my place" the feeling here is rather sarcastic.
    I absolutley LOVE christ just as you do....Im on the McCain/Palin ticket all the way! Please dont misunderstand me as being someone who doesnt know Christ....far from it. I put the comment in quotes yesterday because I felt like you dont live (nor do I...IM not perfect either) like you might want to represent on this blog. Just my thoughts...nothing more, but WOW...I obviously touched a huge nerve- you all but dedicated your last entry to nailing me back. It doesnt suprise me that your 3 or 4 friends came to your immediate defense, cute.
    Mine would do the SAME thing.expected. I suppose I dont want to treat you differently or walk on egg shells, because you have cancer. I feel like you do that for yourself...which is ok....in all honestly, I would more then likely do the same thing. and Im not being snide, I truly mean that.
    You are putting yourself out there....and all you get is wishy-washy lovey dovey comments...GREAT- thats all good...dont get me wrong. But look, you say your so open now to talking about things...I think you really have to look at yourself and ponder that. I feel like if topics arent happy happy happy and only there to make everyone feel good good good, then you dont want them. We all want that, truly, but there are things out there that contain substance, and are worth talking about. I just feel like you arent open to that. "keep it light" is maybe your mojo. hmmm
    That is where I got the self absorbed vibe from. I do not know you...have never spoke with you- and vise versa. It was just a vibe, I read all your past entries to see if I could get a better sense, I felt like I needed to do that. It;s all cotton candy. Other then the occasional venting. That is the great thing about a blog. It's sort of like a diary to write out your feelings and then put it out there, but it does make you vulnerable. Can you handle that part of it? It's never fun to know what people are really thinking, if they are HONEST. Thats what I was doing. No hidden agenda, no conspiracy theories, just me saying things that I see.
    Now, Im sure people are going to come to your defense once again, and say "Oh Joanne your so great, you lift me up, you make me happy, etc..." I expect that. But it seems that people want only that...as the bible says, "people want to hear things that tickle their ears" you know, "oh the dog is so cute type comments over and over and over!"
    What I have gathered and learned from this exchange, is that it's your blog....you do what you want to do, and make this site what you need it to be. one more thing, please dont read to much into this, and get all crazy...it's just comments...is it really going to change your life? nope.
    Hope you have a nice day....
    Go McCain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a nice day....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I am sorry you are so ticked at me. I read Michelle Malkin's blog for some good substance.I don't know what else to say. Later

    ReplyDelete
  7. ticked at you???????
    nope.
    what is michelle malkins blog? I would love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joann,
    I read the posting from anonymous. This individual, in my opinion, just enjoys a heated mental game of volley ball. Generally your postings are of a very positive and uplifting spirit. Yes, others are there as evidence of your need to vent. Let's face it, you have been through some dark days...venting is healthy. For this particular poster, maybe "devil's advocate" is something they are good at. (Don't anyone read into the quotes...it has no hidden meaning). As far as being self-absorbed goes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can honestly say you are not this by even the broadest sense of the term. As your friend and sister in cancer, your experiences give me strength when I feel I am running out of steam. To know that moving beyond the anger and obtaining a relative peace is possible and not just a facade, gives me hope for my own emotion and spiritual future. Life is what we make it. With a little luck, a lot of prayer, some introspection, and positive friends and family surrounding us, there isn't anything that we as human beings can't accomplish. You know my history...you know this isn't my first BBQ, so to speak. In closing, please keep giving me the "what a cute doggy" blog entries to read. Honestly, I could use another one right about now. Just keep in mind that the world is a cereal bowl...you have your fruits, your flakes, and yes..even your nuts. Besides, God loves variety. If he didn't, we would all be pink with purple polka dots and drink only Tang. By the by, thanks for picking up the telephone to give me a ring today. It was really nice to hear your voice.

    Your friend, the transplanted Brit.

    Catie.

    ReplyDelete