Thursday, October 9, 2008

>

We had a little drama this afternoon. one of the guinea pigs, that shall remain nameless ( Snowball) bit another one of our guinea pigs (sweet Buster) on the nose.
He was kinda bloody and a little gross. Poor fellow. I think it might be a little cramped in their cage. Needless to say , Buster got a lot of love and cuddling this afternoon by Sarah. Guinea pigs!
That was the big drama of the day.
Boy, has it been raining out a ton here. The ground can't absorb much more water and the kids across the street were laying in the puddles on the field. Yuck.
I just wanted to share with you guys something, sometimes you know how you might read a bit of scripture and sort of breeze right by it, and then other times you may read it and God so clearly is speaking to you. That happened to me, so here it is..It's pretty cool.

Ecclesiastes 9:11

11 I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

I just thought that those were appropriate verses for the latest things that are going on with the economy and the election. It was written by King Solomon, and it makes me want to read more of Ecclesiastes. I've put a link to that chapter if you want to read it in context.

Well, leave it to good ol' Solomon to put things in perspective for us.

Have a great evening ,

Joann

PS I'm still waiting for someone to give their opinion about my question on the economy? I'm kind of at a loss about economic issues. Lately I have been reading Citizen Jane Politics and it explains and describes issues pretty clearly. I put a link to it over to the right on the "check out these web-sites"area.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand it...that video made my day. (It doesn't take much, ya know.) Check on next weekend's O-town trip, ok? we could use a little r-therapy.

    Hugs,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete