Monday, September 29, 2008

Trying to be an informed voter

Here's a website I have been on to help me understand who is running in my local elections and to try to get a better grip on different issues.

Project Vote Smart

It's pretty informative. Check it out.

I had a pretty smooth day . Moms In Touch this morning! It's my favorite day. The ladies came over here today, so that's always fun, and my house is clean!(and smelled of lovely Yankee candles..Macintosh and Home Sweet Home)

We had a nice weekend. We all went to Homecoming and Mel High won 28-7-- Go Dawgs!

I am still a little sick and ... I don't know why this text is coming out bold. there, I fixed it.
Anyway, I still have a little cold but it should be gone any day now... I am getting tired of carrying around tissues and a water bottle everywhere I go.

We did not go to church yesterday because I have got the post nasal drippy thing going on and cough unexpectedly every so often and blow my nose like a trumpet every couple of minutes.

Fortunately the service is broadcast on the Internet so we all sat around our computer and watched. It was kinda cute.

Sarah tried to cut her own hair this morning. She took a big ol' chunk out of the side of it with baby nail scissors. Lovely!

Right now I am enjoying a glass of tawny port, aren't I so frew-frew (sp.). I like it because it warms me up on the way down. It's a little too sweet though.

I am getting very excited about my trip coming up. I can hardly stand it. I keep trying to talk to Rick about it like "Let' talk about the trip Rick.."

Him" Why?"
Me" You are such a poop, aren't you excited?"
Him"I guess,"
Me" "Won't it be cool to be on the plane, flying over the desert that the Israelites wandered in?"
Him"I guess"
Me"to be waking up on the Sea of Galilee where Jesus walked, cooked breakfast for the disciples?
Him"Uhh, I guess"
sigh...Anyway, I am so beside myself.
I don't mean to gloat.
God is so good . It is such a blessing to go on this trip, to be with my husband and to know that my kids will be well taken care of. But despite all of that, He is still so good to me. The message this week at church was about being content with what you have, regardless of your circumstances. I am still working on that, but for right now, things are pretty sweet.

Thank you LORD.

I don't have anything great to show you tonight. Sarah and I took some pictures and a video of the guinea pigs. SnowBall has got a balding butt so don't be grossed out. He's a rebel. Buster is the brown and white one and very sweet,and Chester it the tri -colored baby and the fatty of the group.

Check out the little paws on the food bowl, awww. Don't be creeped put by the beady little red-eyes.







When we pray at Moms-In-Touch, we each read a bit of scripture, this is what I read today. I think I will re-read it before I go to bed. I hope you do to. It's true, God is awesome and He is our refuge. I hope it gives you comfort.

Psalm 46:1-3

1 God is our refuge and strength,an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

That's my prayer for you guys tonight, that you will know and have comfort in Him.

G'night,

Joann

PS. If anyone has any funny pictures or something funny like this

send it to me so I can share it.
G'night
BTW - I really love Rick, I am not trying to make fun of him. He's pretty darn excited to go, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,
    I hope you are feeling better. Everybody seems to have that cold. Now that I work at a doctors office, I see all the bugs. Rest and drink lots of liquids.

    Luke is just like Rick when we are planing trips. He does not get excited until day or or day before or, 1/2 hour before event. Lots of times I feel like a cheerleader on a lack luster team.

    I'll cheer for you! Go Joe!!!! I am so excited for your trip! I can picture you walking were Jesus walked, seeing all the sights--your smile &tears of joy. (I have tears just thinking about it!)

    What route are you taking? Is it a long flight? How many days are you there? Details please.

    I really hope you have a wonderful day!
    Love and hugs,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kathy, Girlfriends are great.

    We are landingg in TelAviv, I think, then working our way south to Jerusalem. I think we are going toPetra one day . I will take lots of pics and do a video blog. Hope you are doing well.
    Love ya Joann

    ReplyDelete