Friday, September 26, 2008

Here's a cute picture of Charlie and Blue




He so sweet. I love this kid. Please keep him in your prayers, that he can focus and do well in school. He's a good boy.
Don't you love Blue's smile?
I am going to get stuff done around here and try to get over this cold. I'm always up for a cup of coffee or a bike ride if anyone is interested.

Well, does anyone really understand what is going on with the economy? Is anyone worried?
I get a bit perturbed with the media tuning it into a doomsday scenario and trying to panic people. cheese!
Let's discuss if you feel led to. Feel free to point me to any reliable info if you have something (i.e. website, news article, etc.)
On a more serious note(clearing throat) tonight is Homecoming for Mel High. We are going to the football game and tomorrow night Jimmy is going to a party at a friends house. He's getting so big...
I'm excited except football games down here are not what they used to be up north. I remember bundling up for the game and bringing blankets and getting hot chocolate. You would have to take your mittens off to clap otherwise all you would hear is a dull puud-puud-puud sound.
It's hot at night here but it should be very exciting. Anyhoo, that's my big plan for the weekend. Let me know what you guys are doing. Have fun whatever it is
Love,
Jo
Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day. (Psalm 25:4-5)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joann! I can't imagine a football game without being bundled up. It has been unusually warm by us - we have been in the upper 70's all week. I'm ready for low 70's, a gentle breeze and some beautiful fall colors.

    I love the pictues you post of the ocean - they are so beautiful. I enjoy all the pictures of your family too - makes me feel like I am part of you family! Hope you have a great weekend.

    :) Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joann,
    Great picture of Charlie!! and Blue too.

    If you want to hear a good take on the economic crisis from a Christian perspective, go to Crown.org and listen to the archived show from last Friday Sept 19th. Remember, Jehovah Jireh will provide for us even when the world is falling apart. We need to remember to put all of our faith & trust in Him and not in the stock market, the economy or even our politicians. I am praying that this will cause more people to seek Him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan I will check it out. See you this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya. Did you have a good weekend? We just hung out. Give me a call tomorrow if you want. I'm watching Jessi afterschool, but maybe the girls can play on tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Jinji,
    I appreciate your post but it was a little too heavy for this site. If you have something like that you might want to send it to my personal e-mail first. I hope you are well and do not find this insulting. I am trying to be encouraging on this site.

    Thanks for understanding,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete