Sunday, August 3, 2008

leaving on a jet plane

hi guys,
I am sitting here in the airport waiting for a plane to take me up to visit my dear sweet Dad. I am so sad to say that he is not doing well. He is in the last stages of his disease. I am very close to my Dad and this is a tough trip. My sister and Mom called earlier this afternoon and said that he wanted to see me. Rick got a ticket very quickly and I was supposed to leave at 7but it got delayed tip 10pm. Please pray for my Dad and that I can be a comfort to him. I love him very much and I am so thankful to be able to go and see him. My husband is awesome. I do not tell him that enough. RICK YOU R AWESOME!
Please keep my mother in your prayers. She is a very strong woman but she is having a tough time. She has been so resiliant through all of my issues and my Dad's. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll update later but it's kinda hard on my iPhone...I feel like such a techie! Love, Jo

5 comments:

  1. Joann, I pray that you will find peace and comfort in God's arms this evening as you travel. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that your entire family will feel God's arms wrapped around each and every one of you during this difficult time. Thanks so much for taking the time to update us so we can help carry you through this time with our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your comments and prayers, Kristi and Susan. My brother picked me up at The airport in Boston and we are staying at his father in laws house halfway up to my folks place. It's pretty late but I can't sleep because we got a Dunkin Donuts coffee ,and I can't stop thinking about my Dad, and my brother is snoring. :-/
    I also fpgpt to pack my contact case and saline. My eyeballs are drying out. I put my headphones on to listen to a book so I'll nod off pretty soon I think. Nonscriptire is coming to my brain at the moment. If you think of anything good let me know. I keep thinking of the one where the trees clap over us but I don't know where that is. My parents live on the mountains in Maine.
    G night.
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joann,
    Sending you prays and love. If you need anything, call me. I am just down the mountains. Give you dad a hug for me.
    Love you,
    Kathy

    ps that guy you met at Disney is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joann,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am glad you were able to get a flight out. I am home until Friday. Can I help with your kids or food? Call me if you need anything. I will be home all day. Love you and thinking of you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete