Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This is from Love Worth Finding, today

June 17
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah 41:13
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Once I had the rare opportunity of visiting with Corrie Ten Boom. I drank in her words. I listened and kept my mouth shut. One of her statements went straight to my heart: “There is no panic in heaven, only plans.” That is how God operates — no panic. Did you know the Holy Trinity never meets in an emergency session? God has never stepped down from His throne. Jesus has not left His right hand, and the Holy Spirit has not stopped interceding for you, His child. Refuse to listen to Satan’s lies of fear, discouragement, and despair. You are a victor. And God is in control!
ACTION POINT:
Repeat the following throughout the day today, “God is in control of my life. He will not leave me. His right hand will sustain me all the length of my days.”

"The Lord upholdeth all that fall and raiseth up all those that be bowed down." Psalm 145:14
Hope you are all well. Jimmy and I are home by ourselves. Charlie and Sarah have stuff going on. Jimmy and I are being schlumpy. that's my new word. I think I just made it up! Hooray for me!
It's hot out, although we did get a bit of rain the last few days. Sarah is at Miss Della's and riding horses. I can't imagine being on a farm in his heat, but she loves it! i think I'll take some pics when I go pick her up. Jimmy and I had a nice breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin. It was nice to just chat with him. He's getting so big. He even had a cup of coffee with me. (Just one, then we both had decaf )Well, i've got to go clean that guinea pig cage, it's making my eyes water. Talk to you later,Love,
Joann PS., Wasn't that picture of the dog so cute? I think I'll get a wig like that if I loose my hair. XO

2 comments:

  1. hi joann. what a powerful bible verse and devotional! kind of helps us put things in perspective and realize that we are already in the presence of God in the spiritual realm. what an awesome and powerful thought. and how wonderful that we are not left here to fend for ourselves, but that the Holy Spirit and Jesus Himself are interceding for us. Praise God! glad you are enjoying your summer with whatever kid happens to be home with you at any given time. hope you enjoyed your food from blueberry muffin. what a great place. about that wig though....i'm not sure it's your style :). keep your thoughts, and devotionals, coming! love, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. “There is no panic in heaven, only plans.”

    ok love that!

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete