Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Nice Visit

Sarah and peter on my scooter
In the candy store
Kathy and Peter
Peter and Sarah in the pool
Hi friends,
Kathy and Peter came for a few days and just left this morning. It was so nice to see them. Peter is adorable and Kathy was as usual so much fun. We didn't do anything huge. Mostly we swam(surprise), went downtown and visited the beach. It was nice to hang with Kathy and just chat. The kids all played rather nicely, I think. Her son is very sweet and very social. I love it when little kids talk to me rather than scurry away. I got some cute pictures of him in the pool and playing on my scooter.

We are all well. I feel a bit tired. Chemo hits me on day two or three, as usual. My hair is still hanging in there perfectly. No shedding! Rick is going to check out burr grinders for his cappuccino maker. My boys and their buddy just headed to Moo's up the street for lunch and Sarah and i just got back from a scooter ride. It's too hot to go on our bikes. It still hasn't rained out.
I have been listening to my bible on my iPod and have started the prophets. Very interesting. I wish I could find a study on those fellows. I'll let you know if I learn anything. I love the old testament. I also love the book of James. I often picture Jesus teaching him as a boy, giving him advice and truths " 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Well, take care.
Hope you all are well. I am ok, just a bit sleepy. Still praying for good results, peace and acceptance of God's will in our lives
Love Joann I am attaching this video becase it made me teary-eyed, not for the lottery (in case you were wondering ;-] )

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joann,
    I feel like I'm just now coming up for air after the week of VBS and extra responsiblities with other kids. Then, today I sneezed all day. (allergies??) wah wah wah. I am SO sorry I didn't meet Kathy. Please forgive me. I really planned to meet her on Saturday. I miss you and Lauren misses Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. We had a nice visit and I totally understand. Can't wait to see you nest week. Love ya,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. We had a nice visit and I totally understand. Can't wait to see you nest week. Love ya,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem. We had a nice visit and I totally understand. Can't wait to see you nest week. Love ya,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem. We had a nice visit and I totally understand. Can't wait to see you nest week. Love ya,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joann,
    We got home yesterday around 6:00. The flight was great. On our way off the plane. Peter and I were invited into the cockpit. Peter got to sit in the pilot seat and press buttons. It is so fun traveling with kids!

    Thanks again for having us at your house. It was so nice to see Jimmy, Charlie and Sarah! They are all so smart and creative! Peter just adored them! Blue is just so cute!

    Running out now to Church then shopping! Talk to you soon!

    I am loving the Oswald Chambers book. Thanks for recommending it!

    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete