Sunday, May 25, 2008

Easy like Sunday morning










Hello Friends, It's been a very relaxing weekend so far. I went for a bike ride to the each with Betty and the girls, then swimming in the pool with Sarah. The boys had a couple of friends over, and that's about it. I was kind of tired. Maybe a tad cranky.
I haven't had much of an appetite. That could be a problem. Things are starting to taste a bit funny. That happens to me when I'm on treatment. I can eat a lot of fruit, and that's really all I crave. Strawberries, watermelon, apples, anything juicy. No thinning hair yet, I've just been wearing a scarf because my hair is so curly and I don't know what to do with it. Vanity is a thing of the past. All that matters is getting well and doing God's will. It's all good.
My Mom is still having a bit of pain. I have to call her in a bit.
We went to church today. Very wonderful worship service. Loved it. We sit very close, like second row, so the boys(and me) will stay focused. Pastor Mark was all fired up this morning.
The boys are doing a Lock-In with some other youth groups in the area. They are looking forward to that. i can't imagine what the noise level is going to be! We haven't gone to see the new Indiana jones Movie yet, maybe tomorrow. Well that's all for now. We are chillin'. Got lots of cleaning up to do around here.
Love ya,
Joann

2 comments:

  1. Joann, "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" is such a great song. I like that last line too.

    Is your mom doing better?
    What is a Lock-in?

    Church with Peter this weekend was a hard. He just could not keep it together. I got a few "fish" looks from people. I don't care. We sit at the back left of the church. (Not in the second row like you. Maybe when he is 12?)

    Love you a lot!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete