Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Look at little Chester..awwww..cutie-pie

What a beautiful day today. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was about 80 degrees and breezy with hardly a cloud in the sky after a minor shower this morning. Not much to report today.
The lady from the diagnostic center called this morning. Isn't that weird that they call so early on a weekend to schedule a medical test? It puts a bit of a damper on the whole getting-out-of-bed thing. I think I should put it on a comment card next time or something "FYI don't call people on weekend when they are trying to chill out from Dr's appt's from the previous week." Geesh.
Still no bad side effects from my 1st treatment except for a headache. I think I need to drink more water.
My husband took our boys to the movies to see IRON MAN while my daughter and I did a bit of shopping. We bought her a new bell for her very cool beach cruiser, a basket for the front, a jumprope and a stuffed dog. We also got a yummy shaved ice at the beach.
She took one of her three guinea pigs for a ride in the basket. Poor Chester the Guinea Pig. He looked a bit petrified. I'll see if I can post a picture of him in her basket here.
I tried to buy a pretty pair of shoes but all she wanted was sneakers. She's a trip!
Well we are heading to bed rather early tonight. We go to church at 10:45 so there's no huge rush in the morning. None of us are early birds. Trying to take things as they come and be thankful to the Lord.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”- Romans 12:12
Love you guys,
Have a nice night and check out http://www.cuteoverload.com/ if you want to look at something to make you smile
G'night
Joann

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to leave a comment but it isn't working. Guess I'll have to use the old fashioned telephone to leave my comment! har har

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joann -- Love your blog! Great pics too! Here's a scripture for you: Zephaniah 3:17 (don't know if there's room to write it here...)I picture Him taking great delight in you! Hope to see you tomorrow at Laurel's. Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joann,
    It is 2:00 a.m. and obviously I am thinking of you. I love your blog. It is great...just like you.
    I was singing "Who Am I" to myself in bed before I finally decided I couldn't sleep. Remember when you wrote the words down on the that paper for me because you could'nt figure our how to copy the song from the computer? I have that sheet up on my closet wall so I see it every morning. Thank you for that...
    I love the photo of Blue. What a cutie. I will call you tomorrow...Nightie Night!
    Love ya,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shaved ice/ snow cone reference

    mamahouse

    ReplyDelete