Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trying to knit again

So, I really need a hobby or something. I have got a little too much free time on my hands, and I am idle. I am taking a new bible study called "Virtuous by Design" and we are studying
Proverbs 31:10-31
. Check it!
Yikes, this is really hitting home.
I'm trying
I find that I use the "cancer" excuse fo being lazy and not doing all that is expected of me as a Mom and a wife.
I need to get a grip and stop living in the past, honestly be thankful for what God has done and move on.
What has He taught me in the last eight years?
He is in control and has always been in control and will always be in control...don't worry, just listen, and follow.
So, that said, I need to take care of business, and walk the walk.
I digress, but I need to give back, start serving and learning and growing.
I thought I wuld start knitting baby hats or booties for every new baby that I know that is coming, and there are a few that I know of already.
Time to move on, and start growing.
Thanks for letting me babble.
Love ya,
Joan

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joann-
    Keeping the babes heads warm is a lovely way to give back. I crochet (well used to....) and it was often a nice reminder with each stitch is God, a prayer, a remembrance. It is therapeutic for you and for the lucky person to receive it.
    God bless,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just deleted my post? Any way. I think that knitting is a great way to pray. Each stitch is a well wish or a pray. Very powerful. Hey-If you ever want to knit Peter a pair or mittens, we always can use a dry pair.

    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you Joann! It is so easy to use the "cancer card". I'm glad to know that I am not alone in this area. I bought a knitting for dummies thing to attempt to make a scarf and apparently I'm not even smart enough for that. I have confidence in you though! Send the hats and mittens this way - Michigan weather is getting so old! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will do my best to teach you how to knit!:o) i'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete