Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So long 2008


Happy new year's everyone. It has been an interesting year. A lot of happy and sad times to reflect on.
I miss my Dad.
All in all , it's been a great year. Sort of a difficult one, but difficult isn't always bad,is it? I think I have grown up a bit, and my relationship with the Lord has strengthened. That's a very good thing.(to quote Martha Stewart)
I will remember this as the year my son grew a mustache, my daughter learned to ride a horse, my younger son decided to never be naked(inside joke), and my husband and I started taking walks on the beach, together, every night .(well, almost every night).
I will also remember it as the year my Dad passed away but also as the year I reconnected with many members of my family, because of his passing.
I have had a lot of things to be thankful for this year , thank you , Lord.
He's the one who has blessed me.
Well, we had a nice day. The boys went to a sleep over, Sarah went to Horse camp, and we all went to the beach this afternoon. It's nice to live in Florida.
Tonight, our neighbors have a fire in their chiminea and the neighborhood folks come over for New Year. We all bang pots and pans and wake the Party Pooper neighbors up.
It's pretty sweet.
Oh I started a facebook page for the heck of it. let me know if you have one.
Have a fun New Years celebration.
Love ya,
Joann

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Joann...
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Kim,enjoy your time off. Hope to see you soon.
    Love,Joann

    ReplyDelete