Monday, December 22, 2008

Only 2 more shopping days

Two more days to go til Christmas.
Are you guys ready?
I am most definately not.
Still got a lot of cooking and baking to do.
I broke with tradition this year and actually wrapped presents before Christmas Eve. I usually can't get that done unil the very last moment because I like to be able to see everything to make sure I haven't forgotten anything, but I did it this year and it's quite nice to have that all taken care of.
I had a very nice Birthday yesterday. It was pretty quiet and relaxing.
41 is not so bad.

Well, not much is coming to mind to write about. Umm, oh I met Congressman Weldon at church yesterday. Seems like a nice fella. He's leaving office in Jan.
Anyhoo--
Here a little scripture that came my way today.


December 22
BIBLE MEDITATION: “But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.” Philippians 2:7
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Jesus came in a manger for you and for me. He willingly left the glories and riches of heaven to be born in a stable. Jesus became poor, so that we might become rich. He lived a life of such abject poverty that when He had to pay taxes, He had to look for a coin in a fish’s mouth. When He sent out His disciples, He told them to take nothing, but a staff and the power of the Holy Spirit (Mark 6:7-9). He was put to death like a common criminal so that we could wear a royal robe! Child of God, you are rich! I am rich! Praise God!
ACTION POINT: Read Philippians 2:6-11 with your family or friends today as a Christmas devotional. Spend time praising God for His Son, Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Well I have to go out shopping tonight. I just received an email that 2 things I ordered several weeks ago are now back ordered. Ooh it infuriates me that they let me know 1 day before Xmess Eve. No sitting in the long lines at the South Shore Plaza going to CVS and getting a Visa Gift Card!!!
    Next year everyone is getting gift cards and I am going away to avoid this dreaded holiday.
    Adieu, Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann,
    Glad you had a nice birthday! 41!

    I am done but my house is a mess! Luke is working so I am trying to play with peter, clean the house and do some baking. Only the playing is getting done. (: (I love legos!)

    We are heading down to Topsfield to Luke's family tonight and then heading to Maureen's house in Braintree on Christmas day.

    Blessing to you and your family!
    Merry Christmas!
    Love, Kathy
    xxx 000 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Joann...
    I am thinking of you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete