Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sad but happy

Hi all. Hope you are all ok. I am doing well. It has been very busy here. My kids go back to school on Mon, and I am not ready. i just registered my oldest boy for High School and One for Middle school and the othe for third grade.
What a day. They are all going to get haircuts in a bit, then I have to go to chemo. Yikes. I also have nothing for dinner. Oh well. I'll get creative...poor kids. My Dad's Memorial service i this weekend. I am flying back up and I am going to read Psalm 118. It was the psalm the Lord showed my Mom, Dad and me, the day before he died. I have been working on a photoalbum for my Mom. I have a bunch of old photos from the 40's and 50's that my Dad gave me last year, to organize. I am having fun making a scrapbook. My Mom is so beautiful and my Dad is such a smoothy! I will load some pics on this site when I ge my head on straight. I am sad, because I miss my Dad. i loved him so much, but I am doing ok. I am so happy and have a lot of peace about spending time with him, sharing God's word and talking to him about salvation. I will see him again, I know it, but it's very difficult right now. I miss his loud voice and his big belly and his beautiful baby blue eyes, and his scratchy beard. But I am so happy that he is not fighting for every breath or every step and is in the arms of the Savior. thank you Lord, for making a way. I will include a link to my Dad's obituary. My sister is planning to start a fund for him in Rangeley for a flag pole in his memory in front of the American Legion. He was a veteran and was very proud of his country. I will have more details on that if any one would like to help us out with that.
Got to go to the Barber now with the kiddos. Sorry about the typos, I don't have time to spell check.
Love Jo
myDad

1 comment:

  1. Joann,
    My prays are with you and your family.

    I am so happy you were with your dad and mom. I am sure you provided them with a lot of comfort. Your dad loves you so much!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete