Wednesday, June 4, 2008

White Blood Cells are for Whimps

One of my lovely nurses
My Doctor and I. I think I was talking, that's why my mouth looks weird(er)


Somewhere I saw a t-shirt with this on it and I decided to make it my "motto". Once again my count was low today, but , no worries, a little Neupogen does the trick. I haven' t received my stash in the mail so I have to go into the clinic for the next three days. A bit of a drag but I will try to incorporate it into my Starbuck's run. How's that for positive thinking?
Chemo was fine today. I had a visit with my Dr. also. We set up another PET scan for a few weeks to check for anymore growth. If there is none and no spreading, I will receive radiation treatments to the node site. I am praying that is the case. God's will. He's the one who has kept my disease from spreading thus far. True, I have great Drs, but I think they are a bit amazed it hasn't spread, either.
Please pray for that with me. I know God could cure me in the twinkling of an eye, but so far He has got other plans. I will probably be a wreck until the PET scan , so for those of you who live close by, be prepared...I'm in needy mode. Well, maybe not quite yet, but beware!
I rode my scooter to chemo today. oops, now Rick will be upset that I took it over the causeway. I wore my helmet, though. It made the whole thing a bit more fun. Betty said I should've wrapped my Livestrong blanket around my neck like a cape and I would've looked like some sort of "chemo-Super-Hero". Maybe next week.
I have to get Rick at the airport and I did not make a big dent in the housework. I was hoping to surprise him with a well-kept house when he returned, but I guess it's ok because he might become confused, not recognize his surroundings, stumble and pass out from shock. ; P
Sarah is having a treasure hunt at her friends house tonight. They like to think they are little "Indiana Jones's". They will be digging for artifacts cleverly planted by my friend Julie. She's awesome! love ya Jules!
A few nights ago , Betty sent me this scripture. I'll share it tonight and I hope you think about it. It's a little wordy and a bit confusing at first, but if you try to read it, seriously, maybe 2 or 3 times, you can work it out and learn the Truth in it.
Love, Chemolicious Joann

2 comments:

  1. Chemolicious Joann, I like that!
    I can't wait to see you next week!
    Yesterday Luke, Peter and I took a ride up to Skowhegan to pick up some bees. (Luke is a beekeeper.) I have not been up that way for awhile. The Auburn turnoff to 4 looks so different now. So built up. Can't wait to take a ride up to Rangley someday. (:
    Hope you are having a good day! I've been spring cleaning and did a major drop of to Goodwill.
    Got to go pick up Peter at school.
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, Joann, Dr. S. is kinda cute. You've been holding out on me! Next time you have an appointment, I think I could drive you. Just out of kindness, of course. And hey, that scripture is NOT that difficult if you read it in a brightly lit room with no background noise and a super grande double caff latte with extra sugar.

    Love and kisses,
    B.

    ReplyDelete